Thursday, December 27, 2012

December/January Member of the Month!


Meet Lindsey...




Hey there!


My name is Lindsey and I have been a member of the Savannah Stroller Strong Mom’s since it started in September 2012. 

I married my husband, Stephen, in 2008 and quickly realized that to fit in with his family I had to become more athletic.  He comes from a family of runners and tennis players.  I ran my first half marathon in 2009 and have since run three more as well as adding duathlons to my training.  We welcomed our baby girl, Norah, in July of 2012.  We moved to Savannah from Orlando at the beginning of September with our then 8-week old due to a new employment opportunity for my husband.  I am originally from the Atlanta area, so being closer to family with a new baby made the decision to move a very easy one.  I won’t lie, I was nervous about coming to a new town and trying to meet new people.  I was also trying to figure out how to shed some of the baby weight that I gained and get back into running and getting fit. 

I came across the SSM website while searching for mommy and me type classes in the Savannah area.  I read all about Alexa and what the class was about.  It sounded intriguing and I figured that it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try.  When I started the classes, Norah wasn’t quite big enough for a jogging stroller but we made it work and now coming to class has become part of our daily routine.  The stress of meeting new people has long been gone.  The ladies that show up for SSM classes are a fabulous group of women that are incredibly motivating and make coming to class really enjoyable…even if we are all complaining about how sore we are from a previous day’s workout! 



I have made it a goal to come everyday that I possibly can.  I know that I am getting stronger and I hope to show my daughter that an active lifestyle is a fun and important part of our lives.  We have now done our first family 5K (with hubby pushing jogger) and I look forward to many more.  It was great to share this race with many of the other SSM moms.  Thanks Alexa for pushing us hard every workout and being a great instructor, and for all of the moms that are right there with me as we get our sweat on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment