Saturday, May 17, 2014

April/May Member of the Month


Meet Erin 




I grew up training as a gymnast and competed until I graduated high school. When I got to college I thought I deserved to give myself a break for a while since I had spent so many years being pushed in the gym for gymnastics. I gained some weight but really I just felt lazy. That lasted a year. That summer, with my husband's influence, I picked up running (a little, like a mile and a half everyday) and it brought fitness back into my life. I didn't have to be in the gym for 4 hrs everyday to get fit, I just needed to do something everyday. From there I started running 1 half marathon every year and working out consistently, but working out by yourself can land you in a slump. 



My very intense husband was a great motivator but I couldn't exactly workout WITH my husband all the time. It wasn't until I was pregnant with Raygan that I heard about SSM and decided I would try it out once she was born. I started coming when Raygan was 5 weeks old. I came to of course get back in shape but also to work out and be pushed by other moms. I can honestly say I am in the best shape of my life because of stroller class. 



Some days I don't feel like coming, but I get out the door, and when I get to class I can't help but push myself once I'm there with everybody. It is that accountability and slightly competitive nature I have that make me push myself everyday. And I get to bring Raygan with me I want Raygan to recognize the importance of fitness in her dad and I's lives and for her to grow up not knowing anything different than fitness being a part of her daily routine. And my favorite question I get asked about SSM , " do you just meet up and walk with your babies?" Um no...Come try out a class!! Thank you moms for pushing me every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment