Friday, May 3, 2013

April Member of the Month

Meet Rosa!!!



Hey everyone!


My name is Rosa Eshoo and I have been a member of Stroller Strong Moms of Columbus, GA since February 2013.
I was born in Ft. Dix, NJ and lived there for 10 years, before moving to Columbus, GA. Shortly after moving here I started to get involved with sports. I played soccer, basketball and softball as a kid and even ran cross country in middle school. In high school I played basketball and was on a traveling softball team for 2 years. I received an athletic scholarship to a school in Virginia for softball and basketball, but decided to leave after my first year because it was not a good fit for me.

September 2003 I decided to join the Army and it was in training in San Antonio, TX  I met my husband, Tony. I came back home to Columbus to finish nursing school while in the army reserves and Tony's first duty station was Ft. Stewart, GA. We kept in touch, started dating and before we knew it he was stationed at Ft.  Benning and we were married. While in college I played a few intramural sports and started to run again! I ran my first half marathon in 2008 and a few months after was pregnant with boy #1.
After Roman was born we moved to Monterey, CA for 15 months, while my husband learned Arabic. I eventually started running again and ran a few 5Ks while we were there.  We had our second son, Jalen, a few months after moving back to Columbus in January 2012. After that pregnancy I really wanted to get back in shape! I started with Insanity and that summer began running in 5K races again. My husband deployed that summer so if I wanted to run the boys had to come with me. The three of us ran a series of 5ks and that is when I first saw the stroller strong moms. I didn't think to join the group because I thought my running routine was working just fine for me and I really did not think my boys would behave during class. I was doing fine until the holidays when I just lost my motivation to run, so in February I went to my first class at Britt David and regret not joining sooner! By the end of the first week I was telling my husband how sore I was and I was so excited about it because it had been a while since I had that great of a workout. Although I have not been a member for long I have already noticed a huge improvements in my running. I have already cut down my pace by almost 40 seconds and even PR'd by almost 3 minutes pushing my double jogger!  SSM has become a part of our daily routine, and the boys and I love coming to class and working out with such an amazing group of women!!

1 comment:


  1. Doc Obodo, Thank you again for all that you have done. I initially contact you because I thought that someone had stolen a box of keepsakes out of our garage when our house was broken into last summer. Some of the items had been found and returned but this box was still missing. It had some very valuable antiques in it as well as old family photos and heirlooms. I was devastated when we couldn’t find it. I had the Find a Lost or stolen Item money spells cast and four days later I got a call from my mom who said she had a roof leak and there were some contractors in her attic, while they were up there they had found this box. It was the only box in the attic; she never used her attic for storage so we still can’t explain it other than it was complete and total magick! I am so thankful for what you have given me and my family to remember those that have passed.ths man doc obodo is real forward your situation to he @ templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk or cell +2348155425481

    ~ Lovingly, Rebecca, Manchester, England

    ReplyDelete